Black Nylon Split Grommet
Fits into 8mm holes
High quality nylon split grommets for use with steel or timber posts to help prevent wire chafing and give a clean finished look to drill holes, colour black. Suitable for 3.2mm - 5mm wire, push fit into 8mm holes after wire has been installed.
- Fits into 8mm drilled holes after wire has been installed
- High quality nylon manufacture
- Prevents wire chafing on posts and also gives a clean looked to finished wire balustrade installs
- Suitable for coastal, marine and long service life applications.
- Designed for simple cost effective installations using either timber or steel posts.
- No special skills required for installation.
How many do I need?
Regulations for wire balustrades mostly relate to wire tension, typically the underside of a handrail will be 960mm or slightly above and so to achieve the required tension the space between wires should be around 80mm, therefore most balustrade sections consist of 11 runs. To maintain the required regulatory tension the distance between end or intermediate posts should typically be no more than 1.5 metres with a maximum run length of 7 metres if using only 1 rigging or turnbuckle screw to tighten.
For long lengths your total metre-age may be split into 2 runs - we'd reccomend trying to keep runs under 7m in length where possible as tightening up runs over 7m becomes difficult.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other scrooz users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.