Socket Head Cap Screws Zinc Plated
Socket Head Cap Screws Zinc Overview
Socket head cap screws zinc (also called 'allen bolts') are a high performance bolt featuring a small cylindrical head with tall vertical sides and a six-sided recess for use with an allen wrench (hex key). These are manufactured to European standard ISO 7380 in super high tensile 12.9 grade alloy steel with a zinc plated finish for corrosion protection.
Socket head cap screws are suitable for high strength bolting into threaded components and assemblies in the manufacturing, engineering, and automotive industries, and are often used where there isn't sufficient clearance for a conventional wrench or socket. They can be used with a corresponding hex nut as a visually pleasing high tensile bolted connection in construction for fastening steel to steel or timber to steel.
All socket head cap screw lengths are measured from under the head. For exact dimensions of the size of the head on our socket head bolts please refer to the chart below
Socket Head Cap Screws Zinc Features:
- Manufactured to European standard ISO 7380.
- Allen key / Hex head drive - Use a hex key / Allen wrench or a hex drive bit to fit a socket screw
- 12.9 grade super high tensile alloy steel
- Bright zinc plated finish for corrosion protection.
- Available in sizes: M3, M4, M5, M6, M8, M10, M12
- Suitable for bolting of steel to steel and timber to steel.
We have a full range of hex nuts and nylock nuts along with plain flat washers and spring locking washers also available if required.
All socket head cap screw zinc plated lengths are measured from under the head. Please refer to the chart below for exact head size dimensions.
Metric Coarse Thread Pitch Chart For Nuts and Bolts