Bugle Head Screws
Bugle Head Screws Overview
Multi purpose bugle head screws from our high performance screw range for general purpose use in timber and wall plugs and used extensively for fixing of plasterboard and drywall. Features include rounded bugle countersunk heads to prevent damage to the paper skin on plasterboard or gyprock sheets and prevent pull through during fastening. Slim twin thread shank and a sharp easy start needle point for fast driving. Designed for fastening plasterboard, gyprock and drywall sheeting to timber, light gauge steel and heavily used in conjunction with wall plugs to masonry fastening.
These screws are referred to as many different names and its often confusing, they are frequently called - bugle head screws, plasterboard screws, drywall screws, gyprock screws or sheeting screws. Although they are primarily designed for fastening plasterboard sheeting down, due to the huge amount manufactured they have become extremely economical and are now used as more as a multi purpose screw into timber and light steels than anything. You can effectively use bugle head screws in any application you would use a standard wood screw where a bugle style head is required.
Bugle head screws are exceptionally popular with electricians as they are primarily sold in electrical wholesalers as multi-purpose screws, the bugle head tends to grip better onto clips and small brackets due to the tapering of the head.
All bugle head plasterboard screws are Phillip's No2 drive and gold zinc plating for corrosion protection, free driver supplied in all packs and trade boxes.
Bugle Head Screws Features
- Great value cost effective screw solution with slim shanks and small heads for an unobtrusive fix.
- Self piercing hardened needle points for fast start and accurate screw positioning on plasterboard.
- High strength shanks designed for use with power drivers
- Double helix twin thread form for extra grip and fast installation in timber.
- All bugle head screws come with a free driver bit supplied in every box and pack.