Structural Bolts and Nuts 8.8 Galvanised
High tensile structural bolts overview
High tensile structural bolts are often used in fastening structural steel to steel. These structural nuts and bolts are a hex head style threaded fastener designed to provide the heavy duty holds needed in steel building frameworks.
Seen in heavy construction jobs, structural bolts are used with a nut and hardened washer. The heavy hex head of the bolt gives this fastener a wider bearing surface to distribute the load better.The high quality steel used to create these bolts are designed for strength and durability, allowing these bolts to conform to Australian standard AS1252.
High tensile structural bolts Features:
- High strength high tensile bolt
- Structural high tensile nut (deeper than standard)
- 1 through hardened washer (recognised by the nibs) per bolt in each box or pack,
- Manufactured to Australian standard AS1252.
- Structural bolts come fully assembled with the nut and washer attached
- Hot dipped galvanised finish for maximum corrosion protection
Suitable for structural high strength bolting of steel and timber components in construction and engineering.
- For bolt lengths up to 125mm - 2 x diameter + 6mm
- For bolt lengths 125mm to 200mm - 2 x diameter + 12mm
- For bolt lengths over 200mm - 2 x diameter + 25mm
So for example an M12 x 130mm bolt will have a thread length of
24 + 12 = 36mm
Bolt lengths for high tensile structural bolts are measured from under the head.