Coupling Nut Overview
High performance coupling nuts, also known as coupler nuts or extension nuts, are female threaded fasteners used for joining two threaded rods, studs, threaded components or converting male to female threads. They are typically longer than standard hex nuts and are primarily used to couple together threaded rods. Coupling nuts are internally threaded and designed to secure two male threads together using the internal female threads. Male threads sit on the outside, eg standard bolts, whereas female threads are on the inside, like most standard nuts. They are often hex shaped so a spanner or wrench can tighten or loosen and come in a range of differing finishes. Coupling nuts are utilised in a range of structural applications, most commonly they are used for tightening rod assemblies, joining together threaded rod or pushing a completed rod assembly outward.
All of our coupling nuts are metric coarse thread and all nuts and bolts within our varying ranges fit each other, just match the couple nut diameter with the corresponding bolt diameter, e.g. M10 bolt fits M10 coupler.
Coupling Nut Features:
- Available in bright zinc plating for corrosion protection.
- Also available in hot dipped galvanised finish for premium corrosion protection.
- Suitable for making long studs from shorter studs, all couplers manufactured from GR5 steel, higher grade than mild steel
- Available in a wide range of sizes to suit most applications
- Zinc plated coupling nuts are more suited for standard applications which have little exposure to moisture, whereas hot dipped galvanised will suit environments with higher moisture exposure.
- All coupling nuts are metric coarse thread for use with our entire bolting range of the corresponding diameter
Metric Coarse Thread Pitch Chart For Nuts and Bolts