3.2mm Wire Rope 1x19 316Gr Stainless 100m PRO
For use with hydraulic swager
High quality 3.2mm thick 1 x 19 core wire rope for producing on-site assemblies of residential stainless steel wire balustrade systems, rigging systems, shade sails, shade umbrellas and trellis systems. 1 x 19 core wire rope is specifically designed for construction applications requiring high strength, for use with our pro rigging fittings, no thimbles or ferrules needed for installation, a hydraulic swaging tool is required to press on each of the end fittings. This wire is very ridgid with high strength and break point properties and is not advised to be used without access to a hydraulic swaging tool. Price is per 100 metre reel.
- Manufactured from high quality marine grade AISI 316 batch traceable and tested stainless steel components.
- Suitable for coastal, marine and long service life applications.
- Designed for simple installations using either timber or steel posts.
- Hydraulic swaging tool needed to press on fittings.
- 1 x 19 core wire rope has high strength and break point properties.
- Great to use as a safety barrier due to the high strength and inflexibility of the wire.
What do I need to make my own balustrade?
To make your own lengths of balustrade on site you will need:
- 1 x 19 wire rope
- 1 pro fork end fitting and 1 pro bottlescrew type fitting (for very long lengths over 7m you can use 2 x bottlescrew type fittings)
- You will also need wire cutters and a hydraulic swaging tool to press the fittings onto each end of the wire
- Then you just need to decide how you want to fix it to your posts and order your fittings... simple.
How many do I need?
Regulations for wire balustrades mostly relate to wire tension, typically the underside of a handrail will be 960mm or slightly above and so to achieve the required tension the space between wires should be around 80mm, therefore most balustrade sections consist of 11 runs. To maintain the required regulatory tension the distance between end or intermediate posts should typically be no more than 1.5 metres with a maximum run length of 7 metres if using only 1 rigging or turnbuckle screw to tighten.
For long lengths your total metre-age may be split into 2 runs - we'd reccomend trying to keep runs under 7m in length where possible as tightening up runs over 7m becomes difficult.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other scrooz users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.