3.2mm Wire Rope 7x7 316Gr Stainless 305m DIY
For use with manual hand swager or hydraulic swager
High quality 3.2mm thick 7x7 core wire rope for producing on-site assemblies of residential stainless steel wire balustrade systems, rigging systems, shade sails, shade umbrellas and trellis systems. 7x 7 core wire rope is specifically designed for construction applications requiring both strength and flexibility to use with thimbles allowing on-site forming of loops and swaged connections with both a hydraulic press and manual hand tools. Price is per 305 metre reel.
- Manufactured from high quality marine grade AISI 316 batch traceable and tested stainless steel components.
- Suitable for coastal, marine and long service life applications.
- Designed for simple installations using either timber or steel posts.
- No special skills required for installation.
- Don't need to use a hydraulic swager - can use hand tool type swager
- 7 x 7 core wire rope is flexible enough to use with thimbles and ferrules - perfect for the DIY type applications.
What do I need to make my own balustrade?
To make your own lengths of balustrade on site you will need:
- 7 x 7 wire rope
- 1 thimble and a ferrule for each end of the wire to make the loops (2 thimbles and 2 ferrules per run)
- 1 rigging/turnbuckle screw from the DIY range to tighten the wire (only need 1 per run as the other end will be directly fixed to your post)
- you will also need wire cutters and a swaging tool to compress the ferrule and complete the swage.
- Then you just need to decide how you want to fix it to your posts and order your fittings... simple.
How many do I need?
Regulations for wire balustrades mostly relate to wire tension, typically the underside of a handrail will be 960mm or slightly above and so to achieve the required tension the space between wires should be around 80mm, therefore most balustrade sections consist of 11 runs. To maintain the required regulatory tension the distance between end or intermediate posts should typically be no more than 1.5 metres with a maximum run length of 7 metres if using only 1 rigging or turnbuckle screw to tighten.
For long lengths your total metre-age may be split into 2 runs - we'd reccomend trying to keep runs under 7m in length where possible as tightening up runs over 7m becomes difficult.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other scrooz users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.