8g x 50mm HighLoad Decking Screws pack 100
Grab Pack Super Tough Ceramic Coated Square Drive
High performance, high strength decking screws from our Razr range in convenient packs for trade professionals and deck builders who want a tougher alternative to stainless steel but with similar corrosion protection.
Scrooz RazrDeck Highload decking screws are manufactured specifically for customers looking for a tough, cost effective solution with great anti-corrosion properties, they are made from high grade carbon steel which is case hardened and then coated in our rock hard multi-layer 'baked on' ScrewArmour coating in an appealing silver finish, lasting well over 6 times longer than any galvanised finish and with twice the strength of stainless steel screws they are a 'fit and forget' fastener that won't snap or suffer driver tear-out, and you can use them anywhere in any timber including ACQ and CCA pressure treated wood.
Highload is a fully hardened fastener and therefore doesn't flex as much as softer stainless steel, therefore we don't reccomend using them on decks which are liable to more than 8mm movement in any direction, RazrDeck Stainless is your best option here.
Scrooz RazrDeck HighLoad Screws feature :
- Countersunk self embedding ribbed head and a No2 square drive recess for a solid drive connection that won't slip or tear-out, free driver in every pack, trade and bulk box.
- Manufactured from high quality case hardened steel with ScrewArmour coating for extreme corrosion protection.
- 5mm shank with a 9mm diameter head.
- Type 17 Razr self drilling fast start slash point for accurate driving.
- Also available in 304 general purpose and 316 marine grade stainless steel.
- Supplied in convenient grab packs or heavily discounted trade and bulk boxes for volume users.
Find out more and watch the movie here, and yes the finish is a little rough as 'its a strength demo'. For finished decks we do recommend pre-countersinking or driving them slower.
So is ScrewArmour's anti-corrosion properties as good as stainless steel? well the answer is no, there's no coating that will perform as good as stainless steel because the whole fastener is made from it, but it's pretty close and as a 1000hr salt spray tested coating it's far superior than any class of galvanised or other plate finish.
Click here to download the tech doc and find out more about ScrewArmour
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other scrooz users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.