10g x 45mm Wing Tip Screws GAL pack 100
Grab Pack Timber to Metal Square Drive Techs
DrillTech Wing Tip screws are professional grade high performance self drilling fasteners for fixing timber to metal in a single operation without the need for pre-drilling and are manufactured with a ribbed countersunk self embedding head giving a flush finish in the timber.
They work using the wings to drill a clearance hole in the timber (preventing the wood jacking up). The drill point drills a hole in the steel and the wings snap off allowing the self tapping action and tightening the screw all in one operation. 18 TPI for use in light guage steel up to 2.5mm thick class 3 galvanised, square No2 square drive.
Ideal for fixing timber boards, battens and general timber to steel sections. Due to the different rates of expansions of the timber and steel there is a possibility of screw shearing. This is solely down to timber movement.
Although this is a very rare occurence (less than 0.5% of cases), due to the volume of wing tip screws we sell for decking boards, all customers must be aware we accept no liability for any screws shearing due to differential timber movement as this is not something under our control.
Methods to reduce timber movement would be sealing, proper ventilation, correct spacing and suitable drainage eliminating standing water. Contact us for more advice regarding your specific application if you are un-sure
Drill tech galvanised screws all have the following features :
- Manufactured and compliant with Australian Standard AS 3566.
- Self drilling hardened points for fast insertion and self centred start.
- No2 square drive for a positive connection avoiding 'tear out'
- Parallel thread providing a constant and even clamping load.
- Heavy duty high strength shanks designed for use with powerdrivers.
- Thread cutting profile with a coarse tapping thread for rapid installation.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other scrooz users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.