10g x 45mm Wing Drill Tech Screws GAL pack 100
Grab Pack Timber to Metal Square Drive Techs
DrillTech Wing Tip screws are professional grade high performance self drilling fasteners for fixing timber to metal in a single operation without the need for pre-drilling and are manufactured with a ribbed countersunk self embedding head giving a flush finish in the timber.
They work using the wings to drill a clearance hole in the timber (preventing the wood jacking up). The drill point drills a hole in the steel and the wings snap off allowing the self tapping action and tightening the screw all in one operation. 18 TPI for use in light guage steel up to 2.5mm thick class 3 galvanised, square No2 square drive. Ideal for fixing board materials, battens and general timber to steel sections, due to the likely excessive differential movement of the timber and steel and the possibility of long term shearing issues, we don't recommend them for external exposed hardwood decking applications, contact us for advice if unsure.
Note : when working out your screw length you should allow 15mm addition for the drill point e.g. 19mm timber fixing to 3.5mm steel joists requires an overall screw length minimum of 37.5mm.
Drill tech galvanised screws all have the following features :
- Manufactured and compliant with Australian Standard AS 3566.
- Self drilling hardened points for fast insertion and self centred start.
- No2 square drive for a positive connection avoiding 'tear out'
- Parallel thread providing a constant and even clamping load.
- Heavy duty high strength shanks designed for use with powerdrivers.
- Thread cutting profile with a coarse tapping thread for rapid installation.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other scrooz users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.